A little peek in to what it's like being the Momma of three Wild Watson's!

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Slings


After way too much fighting one night I decided that I was going to get the kids their own slings. The last two nights in a row they've both wanted to carry their stuffed animals around in the sling I have for Brooklyn. It's so cute...until they start wrestling and fighting over it. So I started looking around for doll slings. Some were so cute, but they were $20 and that was too much since I was going to buy two. Plus some of the fabric choices were'nt that cute on the cheapy ones. So I decided to try and make one. We went to the fabric store and got flame material for Brando and pink fuzzy flannel for Melanie. They were both so excited to get home and make them. Of course I couldn't find good rings, but ended up with some silver ones that opened. They worked since dolls don't weigh much. The slings are'nt super fancy, but I like them. It ended up costing $7 each to make them, so I was proud of myself :o) Here's Brandon slingin' Melanie's kitty...no pic of Melanie because she does'nt want to wear hers now...ARG...glad I didn't pay a lot for them.

3 comments:

sarahbobeara said...

omgosh, those are adorable!!! brando looks so cute in his, i love the flame material! too bad miss melanie has lost the interest for a bit. i bet fighting over brooklyn's was the fun part for her!

Heather said...

You are super creative, Kendra! Great job!

Dana said...

That is adorable!!! Wha a creative mommy!! : )

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
I'm a Christ follower, Wife, Mom, photographer and all kinds of other random things!