A little peek in to what it's like being the Momma of three Wild Watson's!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Our little Mickey Mouse

Months and months ago we saw a little black mouse run out from behind our couch. We tried and tried to find him and catch him, but never did see him again. We set out traps at night for about a week all over the place and never caught him. We even used peanut butter because we heard that they like it and the strong smell attracts the mouse to the trap. Well months went by and again I saw our little mouse friend poking his head out from under the dishwasher. I felt like he was actually looking at me and teasing me. He was so darn cute that we borrowed a live trap from the inlaws so that we wouldn't have to kill the little guy. Plus we could leave the live trap out because it wasn't a hazard for the kiddos. Well once again months and months have passed and still no mouse in the trap and no mouse sightings...UNTIL today! This little guy must be so smart to stay out of the traps. I don't know where he is living because I haven't found any mouse droppings. Brian wanted me to stand by the entertainment system because he was behind there. When he ran out and ran right past me, Brian got mad that I didn't "block him with my foot or step on him." HELLO, it's the teeniest little mouse, I don't think I could match his lightning fast speed and agility *LOL* So I'm just at a loss of how to get rid of this darn mouse without calling in a professional. I hate coming downstairs in the middle of the night and wondering if my mouse friend is going to run right out in front of my feet. I'm sure he has plenty to munch on since our floor seems to accumulate crumbs so much. But I keep a tidy house and feel like this mouse is a black mark on my housecleaning abilities! OK...did I really just type out that much about a mouse. I'm almost feeling a bond with the little guy at this point.

1 comment:

Matt & Marilee said...

Hey Kendra!
You are so funny! Sorry I don't have any mouse catching advice! Call me when the kiddos are better so we can hang out!
Love, Marilee

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
I'm a Christ follower, Wife, Mom, photographer and all kinds of other random things!