A little peek in to what it's like being the Momma of three Wild Watson's!

Friday, July 18, 2008

The laborers are few...

I just really need to share whats on my heart this morning. Not my typical post about being a mom or sharing our familes adventures. But I will make up for it and post some pictures later today :o)
Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest truly is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” Mathew 9:37-38
I have really been thinking about this verse lately because I'm trying to staff our Children's program at church for the next few months. Every few months I start to get stressed out that there are so many openings and so little help! I start to feel bitter and angry and overwhelmed! I complain to my poor husband and just about any friend who will listen. I start to feel like my feelings are ok and justified...but I know they aren't. Jesus said the harvest is plenty, but the laborers are few! It shouldn't surprise me that it's hard to find servants. I shouldn't be feeling the way that I do, but should be leaning on God in prayer. I want to be depending more on God to lead me in this ministry and take my eyes off of my own feelings. I want to have His heart for people and let my power come from Him. When I try to do it all on my own, I end up looking at an empty schedule and feeling frustrated and angry! But in His word He says,
" 12 Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed–not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence–continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. 14 Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe. Phil, 2:12-14
I want to spend the remainder of the month really praying that God would send out the laborers for our harvest of children. After all, they are His children and He loves them SO much!! I also want my focus to be more on God and more on all of the AMAZING people who do show up each week after week to love our children! God always brings treasures to our ministry and I'm excited to see who He has waiting right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are bloggin' again!!! I used to check your blog all the time and then you stopped for so long that I stopped checking.... anyhow, I am so glad to be able to keep up with you all again. Thanks for all your sweet comments over at Mishpacha. I will call you this week! We need to hang out! We still haven't seen your new place. Ok... time for bed. What am I doing up this late?

AmandaB said...

Sometimes because we are so busy chasing after kids and taking care of everyone, I forget that you are not only an awesome Mommy, wife, sister and daughter but you are a godly woman! I'm so thankful for the example you set.

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
I'm a Christ follower, Wife, Mom, photographer and all kinds of other random things!