A little peek in to what it's like being the Momma of three Wild Watson's!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

My First Grader

We got up bright and earlier this morning and headed off to school. Before getting in the car Melanie wanted to take a picture by the roses. She had to show off her beloved backpack in the first one and then she smiled for me in the 2nd.

When we got there she took a quick peek at the kindergarten classrooms and then we breezed past them to the big kid gates. She was quiet at first, but then remembered that she got to play on the playground and there were monkey bars!!




Then we headed back to her line-up spot where she sailed off to first grade without us. This is a picture of her next to her friend Sophia from kindergarten (who also happens to be in her first grade class). I can't believe how little she looks next to her!! I wish I could be a fly on the wall in her classroom to see what goes on during her day. When I picked her up she did tell me, "we started school way too early today." I have a feeling the long days will be an adjustment, but it will be an adventure for both of us :o)

5 comments:

slcollins said...

I can't believe she's in first grade! Tell her we're proud of her!

Anonymous said...

what an adventure! i am so proud of her and she is not even mine! yeah, melanie!

AmandaB said...

O.k. seeing those pictures and reading about her first day made me want to cry. I'm having flash backs to when you brought her home from the hospital... how did she get to be SIX years old??? *sniff*

The Woot-en Clan said...

She looks so cute. I would love to have her in my classroom.

Anonymous said...

Oh, she looks so grown-up! It's hard to come to terms with being parents of elementary school children, isn't it?

About Me

My photo
Southern California, United States
I'm a Christ follower, Wife, Mom, photographer and all kinds of other random things!